Dear Drake Dental Family,
We miss you all! Per Governor Whitmer’s executive order, our office remains closed for regular appointments. We are still available for true dental emergencies with a limited staff. Our current office hours during this time are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. We still have an emergency line for true emergencies outside of normal business hours.
While many things have changed over the past few months, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. Our top priority is to keep our patients and staff safe.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We have added filtration systems throughout the offices (including REME HALO purification systems on all the HVAC units), added Oso-Pure sanitizing devices that circulate ozone to purify the buildings’ air, installed protective barriers at our front desk counters, purchased equipment to reduce aerosols during appointments, and many other additions to help keep our patients, doctors, and team as safe as possible
- A pre-screening questionnaire will be completed on each patient the day before their appointment
- We will ask patients to remain in their cars instead of our reception area to try to avoid contact with others.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed in several locations throughout the office for you to use. We will also ask that you use it immediately upon arrival into our office.
- We will ask that you wear a mask from home but if you do not have one, we will provide you with one.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options when scheduling your appointment.
- We are providing our staff with all recommended PPE (personal protective equipment) to keep everyone as safe as possible.
We look forward to seeing you again soon and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient, safe in our practice. Once we are able to resume scheduling regular appointments, we will be in touch. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients soon!
The Drake Dental Team